Experience & Service Since 1965
What started as a small one man business in 1965 on Long Island, Commander Power Systems has now grown to the service and support of thousands of Nassau and Suffolk County Long Island residents and businesses each year.
1965 – Haugland Family Business (Commander Electric) Founded
- Residential & Commercial serving Nassau & Suffolk
- Installing generators in residential and commercial properties
1989 – Selected As First Onan Dealers
- Expansion of generator sales and service division
2004 – Commander Power Systems Division Formed
- Dedicated installations and support teams
- 1,000’s of power generator customers supported throughout LI and the five boroughs.
The Commander Power Systems company is a second-generation company founded in 1965 by William Haugland. Now run by his son; James Haugland, the company currently operates 24 hours daily, six days a week and is one of the top residential and commercial power generator solutions providers on Long Island.
Commander Power Systems currently services residential customers within Nassau and Suffolk counties, with a specialization in Eastern Suffolk and Shelter Island. In addition, Commander Power Systems services commercial clients in Nassau and Suffolk counties, as well as the five boroughs.
Licenses & Certifications
- City of Long Beach
- Suffolk County Master Electrician
- Town of Hempstead
- Town of North Hempstead
- Town of Oyster Bay
- Village of Cedarhurst
- Village of Freeport
- Village of Lynbrook
- Village of Mineola
- Village of Rockville Centre
Factory Trained and Certified